Thank you for considering the adoption of a rescue animal! Before you decide to adopt a pet, please consider the time, effort and funds necessary to properly maintain an animal. Responsible pet ownership requires a commitment to provide care and companionship for life of the animal. The decision to adopt a pet is an important one. In order to ensure that you are your pet will be happy for years to come, we need to take time to determine you and your animal’s individual needs and personality traits.
The purpose of this application is to learn a little about your family and home so that our organization can make the best possible match for both you and our rescue animal. Our main concern is placing our animals in a compatible home with a family that will give them a lifetime commitment of love and proper care. This consultation process is designed to help us determine if the adoption is in the best interest of both the animal and the adopter. Please be aware that while completing this application does not bind you to adopt one of our animals, neither does it guarantee that we will place one of our animals in your home at this time. If you are interested in learning more about one of our rescue animals, please read and answer the questions carefully, honestly and thoroughly. The adoption process may take up to a week, give or take.
Some animals may need some extra time and patience to adjust to yet another new home. All animals, regardless of their background and history, go through an adjustment period when they go to a new environment. There will be period of a few days, weeks or in some cases months during which your new pet’s personality is emerging and growing while you get to know one another. Cats can take a long time to be comfortable in a new environment. It is normal for animosity and jealousy towards a new cat/kitten from those already existing in the house. Please remember it is a stressful time for animals and hopefully we will be able to work with you to make this a lifetime relationship for you and your rescue cat.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADOPTER, YOU MUST:
• Be 21 years of age or older
• Have photo identification showing your current address
• Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
• Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care for a pet for the entire life of that animal
Kittens under 6 months old will not be adopted out to a home with a child or children under 6 years old.
By Submitting this form, I acknowledge, agree and understand:
• All information on this form is true and correct
• I understand that any misrepresentation of fact may result in ECC or our rescue partners refusing adoption privileges to me
• I authorize ECC or our rescue partners to contact the landlord if applicable
• I understand that the adoption process is handled entirely by Precious Paws Society of Nevada and will ONLY contact PPSNV for any adoption application status inquiries. I understand that Enchanted Cat Café does not have access to any adoption status information.
Please note there is a $10 per day holding fee if the cat is not picked up within 24 hours of adoption approval.
Please do not submit an application until you have had a chance to come in and meet the cat you are interested in.