Thank you for taking the time to fill out our questionnaire. The purpose of this application is to learn a little about your family and home so that our organization can make the best possible match for both you and our rescue animal. Our main concern is placing our animals in a compatible home with a family that will give them a lifetime commitment of love and proper care. This consultation process is designed to help us determine if the adoption is in the best interest of both the animal and the adopter. Please be aware that while completing this application does not bind you to adopt one of our animals, neither does it guarantee that we will place one of our animals in your home at this time. If you are interested in learning more about one of our rescue animals, please answer the questions honestly and thoroughly.
Some animals may need some extra time and patience to adjust to yet another new home. All animals, regardless of their background and history, go through an adjustment period when they go to a new environment. There will be period of a few days, weeks or in some cases months during which your new pet’s personality is emerging and growing while you get to know one another. Cats can take a long time to be comfortable in a new environment. It is normal for animosity and jealousy towards a new cat/kitten from those already existing in the house. Please remember it is a stressful time for animals and hopefully we will be able to work with you to make this a lifetime relationship for you and your rescue cat.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADOPTER, YOU MUST:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have identification showing your present address
• Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
• Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care for a pet for the entire life of that animal
By Submitting this form, I acknowledge and agree:
• All information on this form is true and correct
• I understand that any misrepresentation of fact may result in ECC or our rescue partners refusing adoption privileges to me
• I authorize ECC or our rescue partners to contact the landlord if applicable