Our rescue partners, ARGONN and Precious Paws vet the kitties prior to transferring them to us. Once the cat arrives at Enchanted Cat Café, we run through our own checklist. We ensure that the cat has had all the appropriate tests and vetting. Their health and well-being are our top priorities. Check out our complete checklist below.
If the checklist is complete, we place the cat in a large kennel within the Cat Lounge where it can roam around, eat, drink, and sleep. The other cats can come up to the kennel to meet and greet the cat as the cat acclimates to their new surroundings. Typically, within a day or two, the cat is ready to roam freely in the lounge.
Anytime a new kitty enters ECC, this checklist must be completed. If one or more of the items are missing/not completed, the cat will not be accepted.
Veterinary Records that show:
- Current Rabies and FVRCP shots
- Negative test for FIV/FELV (excluding kittens under 6-9 months)
- Dewormed (kittens)
- Nails trimmed (rescue or vet can do this, please check the cat’s nails)
- Up-to-date flea medication/flea free (please check fur)
- Spayed/Neutered (1-2 weeks post-op)
- Enough supplies for the duration of the cat’s time at ECC (food that it is used to, litter, toys, blanket with scent, etc.)
- Blacklight in carrier/contained area (bathroom) for indication of ringworm
- The kitty’s foster will need to be present the entire time of intake.
- The kitty’s foster needs to arrive no later than 2 hours before closing.
- Staff and the kitty’s foster will monitor the kitty in the lounge/upstairs area for at least 30 minutes for behavior/demeanor.